Thinking about giving up your landline?
If your alarm is monitored you will need to look at an alternative method of monitoring. This could be IP, GSM or Radio Receiver.
Call us to discuss your options.
Have your alarm serviced regularly to pre-empt faults occurring
Register for our Routine Service Programme and we will contact you when your service is due.
Or we can carry out a one-off service check to reassure you that you system is working correctly.
- Check your alarm is working and always set it when you leave
- Take photos of your valuable possessions and note the serial numbers (you can record this information securely on the police approved website www.snap.org.nz )
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked and secure when you are not present
- Don’t leave doors and roller doors open when you are not near them – don’t leave an open invitation for stair dancers looking for jewellery, wallets, phones, car keys etc
- Lock your vehicles when you are not near them
- Take note of suspicious people and vehicles and notify the police
- If you are going away:
- arrange for a neighbour to clear your letterbox
- let your neighbours know you will be away
- maybe get a neighbour to park in your driveway
- let your property look lived in:
- lights on a timer
- don’t close the gate if you don’t usually
- leave some shoes or toys lying around
- turn off computer screens and televisions
Take a few extra precautions to protect your property and have a safe & secure holiday.